Weather Alert

4th Grader Saves Her Family

PROVO, UT - JANUARY 16: In this photo illustration, a Nest smoke/carbon monoxide detector is seen on January 16, 2014 in Provo, Utah. Google bought Nest, a home automation company, for $3.2 billion taking Google further into the home ecosystem. (Photo illustration by George Frey/Getty Images)

Jayline Barbosa Brandão, a 9-year-old from Massachusetts saved her family from carbon monoxide poisoning.  She heard her dad screaming for help, saw her mom unconscious so she grabbed her dad’s phone and ran to him.  He passed out and the phone was locked so she could not call 911.  Jayline sprung into action, using her dad’s face to unlock the phone.  Her quick thinking saved her entire family.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On