Brothers Save Meth Gear From Fire, Let Grandma Die
Having saved their meth-making equipment from a burning home, two brothers then went to buy cigarettes — but apparently left their 82-year-old grandmother to perish in the flames, according to authorities in upstate New York. Jarrett and Justin Gause are now facing a long list of charges including manslaughter. Steuben County District Attorney Brooks Baker says the brothers got out safely from the burning Riverside home on May 14th along with their drug-making equipment, but they didn’t help Gladys Ann Willow, 82. Rather than even report the fire, Justin, 21, and Jarrett, 33, left the scene to go get cigarettes, Baker says.
Willow had been trapped in the burning home where police believe a meth-making operation was underway. Both brothers are charged with manslaughter, evidence tampering, and each also faces one reckless endangerment charge for every firefighter who later responded to the blaze.