February is Black History Month. Here are 8 powerful quotes from amazing leaders to celebrate.
- “Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will,” Frederick Douglass.
- “… history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own,” Michelle Obama.
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear,” Rosa Parks.
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world,” Harriet Tubman.
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,” Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The best way to make dreams come true is to wake up,” Mae C. Jemison.
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope,” Maya Angelou.
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today,” Malcolm X.